We miss you and we hope you will come visit us! I am aware that this page is pretty silly, but it is intended to help encourage our friends and family to come visit by helping to show what you can expect.
Where You Sleep:
Our house has a two-bedroom guest suite on the first floor that has its own separate entrance, kitchenette, and living room area:
Our house is on a canal that leads to the bay in approximately 400 yards. We also have a pool and play area:
- Stuff at the house. We have the following items which you all will be welcome to use:
- Stand-up paddle-boards
- Windsurfing Boards
- Fishing Rods
- Snorkeling Gear
- Use of Our Civic. We have a Honda Civic that is generally unused that you can use.
- Founders Park. Our guests have free access to a great park called Founders Park, which includes a beach area that is excellent for kids. The Park is 4 miles from our house. The park also has an Olympic sized outdoor pool, but it costs guests $3.00 per person to go to that pool.
- Jacob’s Aquatic Center. This is a really cool outdoor pool in Key Largo that includes an amazing set of water slides and fountains. It is 9.5 miles from the house and costs some to get in, but is great fun for kids.
- Scuba Diving. There is a great dive shop just around the corner from the house called Florida Keys Dive Center. It is an excellent place to learn diving.
- Fly into FLL or MIA. Fort Lauderdale’s airport is about 25 minutes further but is a lot easier to navigate than the Miami airport, especially if you are renting a car (which, as explained below, you may want to do to get to and from our place, but you are welcome to use our Civic while you are here).
- Transportation from Airport. FLL is about an hour and 50 minutes from our house and MIA is about an hour and a half. Check to see if one of us can pick you up and drop you off, but otherwise, you have a few options:
- Rent a car: there is a Thrifty location about a mile away from our house (the Tavernier location), so if you want to just rent a car and drive it down from the airport, then drop the car off at the Thrifty location next to our house the next day, or pick a car up at Thrifty and drive it to the airport, you can do that. You need to get the Sun Pass add on for tolls and there is a little cost for dropping the car off at a different spot than you picked it up, but you can pull this off for about $80.00 each way.
- Shuttle: There is a Keys Shuttle company that runs from FLL down to Islamorada, or back. It looks like the rate is $70.00 for one person each way, plus a small cost for additional people or bags.
- Uber: Probably about $200.00 each way.
You can use this booking calendar to check if the place is available and let us know which dates you would like to come: